Due to the recent changes in the E.U. – U.S. data transfer regulations, DIR Incorporated has adopted a Data Processing Agreement which includes the EU Standard Clauses. Please email info[AT] dirinc.us if you would like more information or a copy of the contract.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us including, but not limited to, the instances described above. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
DIR Incorporated collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience– We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site– We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service– Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature– To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails– The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Accessing your personal information
A User may (i) access any of their personal information that we collect and maintain, or (ii) correct, update, or delete their personal information, in both cases by contacting us by telephone or mail using the contact information provided in our website footer. Response time to such inquiries will be handled promptly within 30 days.
We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to verify a customer’s identity prior to granting access to, or processing changes, or corrections to such information in order to protect customer privacy and security. We will retain a User’s personal information for so long as its account is active or as reasonably needed by us to provide our Services. We may also retain and use such information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
- If you are a client who lives in Australia then this section applies to you. We are subject to the operation of the Privacy Act 1988 (“Australian Privacy Act”). We have some specific points to make you aware of.
- We will not use or disclose personal information for the purpose of our direct marketing to you unless: you have consented to receive direct marketing; you would reasonably expect us to use your personal details for the marketing; or we believe you may be interested in the material but it is impractical for us to obtain your consent. You may opt out of any marketing materials we send to you through an unsubscribe mechanism or by contacting us directly. If you have requested not to receive further direct marketing messages, we may nevertheless continue to provide you with messages that are not regarded as “direct marketing” under the Australian Privacy Act, including changes to our terms, system alerts and other information related to your account.
- Our servers are primarily located in the United States. In addition, we, or our subcontractors, may utilise cloud technology to store or process personal information, which may result in storage of data outside Australia. It is not practicable for us to specify in advance which country will have jurisdiction over such off-shore activities.
- If you think the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps, consistent with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act, to correct that information if you so request.
- If you are unsatisfied with our response to a privacy matter then you may consult either an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner for additional help. We will provide our full cooperation if you pursue this course of action.
Effective Date of Policy
This Policy was last updated as of the last date set forth below.
Revised: July, 25 2016
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by DIR Incorporated.
© 2016 DIR Incorporated